Saturday, May 12, 2007

Second Chance

Oh dear, . . . after posting this, Marion my best critic, says the poem makes no sense. I am going to have another go. I often go back in and tweak poems after first posting them, which is part of the intended use of the blog, but this one needs a major overhaul.

(I need a second chance.) :-)


The billowing stars with beards alight
emit a moment's splurge in flight
to tuck and twist a human code
a second’s chance
in quantum corridors of script
discrete, this tiny tick of time with
seventy times seven
second chances
to forgive and be forgiven.

5 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Does a poem need to really make sense though? I enjoyed your poem and the fact that may not make sense in the most obvious way only means I read it again and it starts to mean various things.

Inconsequential said...

a lot of sins forgiven...

:)

ish said...

Thanks inc. I will accept your absolution as far a verseification goes. :-)

ish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Finally, got what I was looking for!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. Glad I stumbled into this article! smile I have you saved to check out new stuff you post.